Tuesday, February 9, 2010

life changes



6 years ago I set out on a journey to start a photography business. I spent many hour behind the camera and in front of the computer. It was my DREAM! Looking back it has been an amazing experience.

As my children were born my passion shifted towards motherhood. The moments that I usually would be at the computer were slowly being replaced with moments playing with my kids.

In 2009 my children started school and I lost 100lbs and my passion moved towards my family, friends and my health. I feel that no matter how much I love photography I love these things so much more.

February 2010, I decided that I would work outside my home to ensure that I will have more time with my loved ones on weekends and holidays. As the life of a photographer is during these precious times.

I will never put down my camera and will never let my creative side die, but the decision to end my business is for the right reason. My children are only young once and I want to spend as much time with them and watch them grow.

I want to thank you all for the fun times and sharing my dream. Each client has taught me so much and I will cherish each amazing moment.

Love Ya!
Melina

2 comments:

Jerri-Lea said...

Good for you! Family is indeed the most important thing in our lives and we only get one crack at parenting our kids!! Wishing you all the best!

Pam said...

good for you Melina!
But i must admit that I will miss the fun times we have during our photoshoots!
Good luck in your new adventure and congrats on the weight loss!!!! you look amazing!